Thursday, June 22 at 7 p.m.
Is there anything you are NOT doing right now because your health and/fitness is holding you back?
Functional Aging Specialist Lisa Dumont and Sarah Manning will be discussing functional aging and most of all, ways to support others in doing all the things they want to do in life.
Their mission is to help people achieve the best possible health and quality of life through innovative and evidence based functional fitness programs that are safe, effective, enjoyable and purposeful.
Come join us to learn how to put more years in your life and more life in your years, in this interactive workshop.
You will go away with tools to help you do the things you need to do, like to do and want to do for a very long time.
Lisa Dumont Author of Forever Fit and owner of Westminster Fit Body Bootcamp and Sarah Manning are so excited to share their knowledge of functional aging with you!
Marion K. Holmes Memorial Summer Reading Program
Shedd-Porter Memorial Library
We will host a six week series of events for families, which are free and open to the public:
- Friday, July 7 @ 1 – Always wanted to juggle? Now is your chance! Professional juggler and touring performer Steve Corning will provide a fun, high-energy juggling demo, followed by hands-on instruction and lessons for all ages and skill-types.
- Friday, July 14 @ 1:15 – Vermont Institute of Natural Science (VINS) – Nesting Season: Raptors and Their Homes – Humans aren’t the only creatures to build amazing homes for their families! Nesting season is the most important time of the year for bird populations and we can take actions to help them out. Show includes 3 live raptors!
- Friday, July 21 @ 1 – Join The Travelling Storyteller and Company for a presentation of the Three Little Pigs. These aren’t your average pigs. These are three city pigs who move to the country to start a new life, only Mayor Webster D. Wolfe has different plans for the pigs!
- Friday, July 28 @ 1 – Join Betsy Stacey and members of the Cold River Local Advisory as they lead a river exploration of the Cold River. We will learn about the insects, fish and amphibians that make the river their home through games and hands-on discovery. Please come dressed ready and willing to get dirty and possibly wet.
- Friday, August 4 @ 1 – Together we can build, build, build! Jessi Dussault will lead us through a building bonanza. Come experiment with a variety of materials to build a better tower, catapult and more!
- Friday, August 11 @ 1 – ICE CREAM PARTY for this year’s readers. Celebrate your reading success at the library.
All events are free and open to the public, but children must be pre-registered in the reading program to be eligible for weekly reading prizes.