Shedd-Porter Memorial Library
Pursuant to RSA 202-A:4-c, the Trustees of the Shedd-Porter Memorial Library will hold a public hearing to accept funds donated to the library by the Reed Family Foundation. This meeting will be held at the Shedd-Porter Memorial Library on Thursday, August 17 at 7 p.m.
August Trustee Meeting Rescheduled
In order to accommodate vacation schedules, the August Trustee meeting will be held on Thursday, August 17 immediately following the public hearing to accept funds.
Alstead native Sarah Reagan will lead us on Thursday, July 27 at 7 pm in Essential Oils 101. Come learn about essential oils, their uses, and how their many benefits can help you and your family achieve personal health goals. Smell the oils, learn about supplements, and enjoy a hands on class. Each participant will go home with a free gift! Be empowered with the knowledge of how to detoxify your life and use essential oils to live more naturally.
Thursday, June 22 at 7 p.m.
Is there anything you are NOT doing right now because your health and/fitness is holding you back?
Functional Aging Specialist Lisa Dumont and Sarah Manning will be discussing functional aging and most of all, ways to support others in doing all the things they want to do in life.
Their mission is to help people achieve the best possible health and quality of life through innovative and evidence based functional fitness programs that are safe, effective, enjoyable and purposeful.
Come join us to learn how to put more years in your life and more life in your years, in this interactive workshop.
You will go away with tools to help you do the things you need to do, like to do and want to do for a very long time.
Lisa Dumont Author of Forever Fit and owner of Westminster Fit Body Bootcamp and Sarah Manning are so excited to share their knowledge of functional aging with you!
Marion K. Holmes Memorial Summer Reading Program
Shedd-Porter Memorial Library
We will host a six week series of events for families, which are free and open to the public:
- Friday, July 7 @ 1 – Always wanted to juggle? Now is your chance! Professional juggler and touring performer Steve Corning will provide a fun, high-energy juggling demo, followed by hands-on instruction and lessons for all ages and skill-types.
- Friday, July 14 @ 1:15 – Vermont Institute of Natural Science (VINS) – Nesting Season: Raptors and Their Homes – Humans aren’t the only creatures to build amazing homes for their families! Nesting season is the most important time of the year for bird populations and we can take actions to help them out. Show includes 3 live raptors!
- Friday, July 21 @ 1 – Join The Travelling Storyteller and Company for a presentation of the Three Little Pigs. These aren’t your average pigs. These are three city pigs who move to the country to start a new life, only Mayor Webster D. Wolfe has different plans for the pigs!
- Friday, July 28 @ 1 – Join Betsy Stacey and members of the Cold River Local Advisory as they lead a river exploration of the Cold River. We will learn about the insects, fish and amphibians that make the river their home through games and hands-on discovery. Please come dressed ready and willing to get dirty and possibly wet.
- Friday, August 4 @ 1 – Together we can build, build, build! Jessi Dussault will lead us through a building bonanza. Come experiment with a variety of materials to build a better tower, catapult and more!
- Friday, August 11 @ 1 – ICE CREAM PARTY for this year’s readers. Celebrate your reading success at the library.
All events are free and open to the public, but children must be pre-registered in the reading program to be eligible for weekly reading prizes.
Join us on Thursday, May 18 at 7 p.m.
Hungry Neighbors is the result of eighteen months of research into the faces, facts and figures of “food insecurity” in northern New England. This talk will focus on hunger in our own territory: New Hampshire and Vermont. The facts are startling and impelled the speaker to have a longer-term involvement with area food programs. Is your neighbor hungry?
On Saturday, May 20 at 9:30, the library will host its first Coffee Party with Joel McCarty and Joe Cartwright serving as facilitators. We hope a broad spectrum of people join us for civil conversation, coffee and, rumor has it, some type of tasty snack. Click the link below for more information about the Coffee Party and its mission.
Come join the Story Time Gang to welcome spring tomorrow, April 14, at 3:30 and make bird feeders!